What is quality?
This is an interesting question. Lacking the supplier's experience and knowledge, how can one determine the quality of a product or service? The answer is simple in theory – so long as I am satisfied with the final product I receive and the service to which I am entitled. In practice however, is quality a simple matter of mere adequacy?
Ask your friends and colleagues these questions: what does “quality” mean to you? What constitutes “quality” in our products and services? Can they be improved? You probably won’t hear the same answer twice.
If we all sat down to discuss this, very few of us would be able to give a concrete answer.
If you take the time to consider these reflections on quality, you may be, or want to become, familiar with the work of David Garvin at Harvard University. According to Dr. Garvin (1992): “quality is an unusually slippery concept, easy to visualize and yet exasperatingly difficult to define”. As exasperating as it is, the tangible definition of quality remains a necessity in business and is required as a basic competitiveness strategy because it is inevitably thanks to quality that we attract potential customers and retain the ones we already serve.
Getting back to the Megalexis quality mission…
- Objectivity and subjectivity. Quality has objective and subjective aspects. This is true in the realm of words as well as in tastes and fashions. We adapt and we evolve. While adhering to solidly ingrained linguistic standards, Megalexis has implemented evolutionary and flexible quality processes to guarantee consistently high quality texts that comply perfectly with the communications standards of your industry, while adapting to your changing reality. This is what we call the consistency of evolution.
- Segmentation and diversity. Quality is no longer synonymous with “high end”. Megalexis realizes that you communicate to diverse audiences and adapts readily to this reality, according each project the appropriate importance regardless of its level of “prestige”. As words and formulas change according to the audience, Megalexis gives them the same high level of attention.
- Guaranteed product and service quality. Quality is not monolithic. More precisely, the quality of our product (adequacy, flawlessness and efficiency) and the quality of our services (delivery time, costs and client expectations) go hand in hand. Our clients expect a high quality product and Megalexis devotes maximum attention to the services that guarantee this product. Megalexis believes in the principle of double reliability.
- Competing services. Consider the principle that offering a poor quality product can lead to a supplier’s demise. Potential clients will tend to favour quality of services provided, which usually correlates with product quality. They will seek high quality services that are reliable and guaranteed. Megalexis has always employed a rigorous quality control process with the result that its service reliability is recognized as going hand in hand with the high quality of its work.
In a nutshell, and thanks for sticking with us this long, Megalexis has adopted the following quality philosophy:
Quality at Megalexis is:
- Defining our work according to our clients' expectations for each product and service requested.
- Not only satisfying our clients (our minimum criterion), but doggedly delighting them (our ideal criterion) by combining product and service quality.
- With the support of our products, services and our business relationships, always making the client happier.
Director, Translation and Quality Assurance
+1-855-861-4999, Extension 228
Ask for a free estimate for any document, publication or advertisement.