French is Quebec’s official language
Section 1 of the Charter of the French Language stipulates that "French is the official language of Quebec."
Yet, while the majority of companies that serve Quebecers fully comply with Section 5 of the Charter that states, “Consumers of goods and services have a right to be informed and served in French,” managing an office or department in Quebec can be quite a regulatory challenge, even for a Canadian company.
Our president, Ann Rutledge, is an experienced company francization advisor. Any company that intends to operate offices in Quebec can enlist her consulting services to:
- lead an internal audit on the use of French within the company;
- Present the resulting report to the Office québécois de la langue française (OQLF);
- develop a francization program for the company with the OQLF;
- develop a structure to support and promote the use of French in the workplace;
- French IT resources,
- recruiting, hiring and HR processes in French,
- Communications, posting, and internal document policies in French,
- Extend supplier relationships in French,
- present triennial compliance reports to the OQLF.
Call us today. Share your needs with us.Contact Us